Our most powerful advocacy tool right now is the opportunity to share our story. We are interested in developing relationships with health care providers, child care providers and educators for the purpose of spreading PANDAS/PANS awareness.
Meeting the needs of children with these disorders requires a multidisciplinary approach. It can take weeks or months to get an appointment with a medical professional and few schools are prepared to handle the many needs of a child with PANDAS/PANS. Many are forced to travel out of state for treatment. Education and awareness within the community will strengthen our advocacy efforts, offer hope to families and empower the professionals willing to treat these children.
Members of our group are eager to talk. We want to share our story and empower our community. If you, your group or anyone you know would like more information about PANDAS/PANS please contact us using the contact information on this website.
Groups that would benefit from hearing our story:
- Early Childhood Educators
- Day Care Providers
- Elementary School Nurses
- Elementary School Educators
- Occupational Therapists
- Mental Health Professionals
- Educators within Special School Districts
- Medical Professionals (Pediatricians, Neurologists, Immunologists, Allergists, Primary Care Physicians, Infectious Disease, Integrative Medicine and others)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Support upcoming events
- Spread PANDAS/PANS Awareness